A degree in accounting and finance has long been viewed as an excellent grounding for a career in business, regardless of whether you intend to become a professionally qualified accountant or not.
For students that are already considering undertaking a professional accounting qualification, this course has been structured to provide the maximum possible number of exemptions (9 foundations papers in total) from the professional examinations of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the global body for professional accountants.
Whether you want to move into auditing, financial reporting, management accounting or financial services, this could be the course for you. You’ll develop subject-specific skills alongside important transferable skills like communication, enterprise, problem-solving and quantitative analysis.
The course syllabus has also been carefully designed to combine both theoretical and practical aspects of finance and accountancy. This enables students to gain an excellent grounding in accounting and finance tools and techniques, together with the wider understanding and real-world insights required by all finance professionals.
Full details of ACCA Exemptions below;
Completion of the following modules will give direct exemptions for;
1. Financial Auditing (MOD003377) – Audit and Assurance
2. Financial Management in Organisations (MOD003462)
3. Financial Reporting for Businesses (MOD003459) – Financial Reporting (FR)
4. Managing Business Performance (MOD003460) – Performance Management (PM)
5. Taxation for Business (MOD003461) – Taxation (TX)
Completion of our BSc Finance and Accounting course would also enable you to obtain exemptions for the following ACCA modules:
- Accountant in Business (AB)
- Management Accounting (MA)
- Financial Accounting (FA)
- Corporate and Business Law (LW)